Slide 17 of 21
Enrollment in a Sunday School class has been defined as “a person’s giving us permission to love them.” They need not be a church member; they need not have ever attended your class.
For each person enrolled in your class, you should:
- Inform them of your class’s concern for them and attempt to involve them in your class activities
- In adult classes, assign them to a care group and assume responsibility for ongoing ministry to their family
- Make every reasonable effort to involve them in consistent Bible Study attendance
- Attempt to make a home visit at least once during the year
Two special groups to include:
- In-Service Members, teaching in another age group but affiliated with your class. Provide these a home base of prayer support and encouragement.
- New church members assigned to your class. Make special efforts to assimilate them into the life and fellowship of your group.